Saturday, May 21, 2022

Day 3 Blogging About It

 Basically, yesterday was all about putting it out there and making the most of whatever it is that I could do in terms of walking my butt off (literally).  I typically want to do 4-5 miles a day and I want to be slow and easy so I can get the knee healthy again - - then yesterday came around and nope, that went out the door. I was all about pushing it and making it happen so I could test out my new knee sleeves.  I bought two stretchy sort of athletic sleeves that go from my thigh to my ankle. They are light weight, pretty green and black, and in the knee area there is an additional bit of support and stretch! LoVe it.  Couldn't have been more happy -- even in the 93 degrees weather I didn't sweat as much as I thought I would. Goals!!

    I walked over 16,600 steps all in all. If we're measuring from the moment I woke to the moment I charged the phone and went to bed, it would be closer to 18,000 but I officially stopped around 16,660 and took photos of the success along with the other data such as step length, distance, Double Support Time, whatever that is -- and there is speed, walking asymmetry and how many flights of stairs I climbed. Did I really climb 21 flights yesterday? I don't think so. I think maybe 10, and the rest of the time it was the terrain at the lake. I walked about 2.5 miles at the lake, so maybe it was hillish. Whatever!! I did a great job and my knees were not that upset about it. 

    Eating under 1400 calories a day isn't that hard either when you are capable of flat out lying to yourself and claiming (sometimes out loud) that the ice cream, cookies, candy, and other yummies are all poison and they are all trying to choke you to death. I do actually lie to myself about my snacking, I really do. There will be a very innocent Oreo sitting happily in its little bag thing and I'll call it names and hiss at it. My daughter suffers through it all for me, she'll eat it - - you know, so it doesn't feel badly about having spent it's last few days on Earth in the kitchen of a maniac. She's very kind to me, that one. All of my kids will make the sacrifice if called upon to do so.

    I can report what I'm about to eat today a bit earlier than not because I'll be cooking later for friends and know what will be in the pots and pans. If you didn't know it by now, I cook. I bake too, but there will be very very little sugar and gooey going through the kitchen at this time; cooking will be allowed. I am making TexMex tonight, so that's what will be on the table. I will dib-and-dab but I won't do much more than a few spoonfuls of red meat for the taco salads.  I can do this! I can do this!! As long as I don't mind working out, boxing, dancing, and walking - - there will be dancing. The party is at my house and we do dance when that happens. (My poor neighbors. At least we're not drunk and falling down the stairs, we're just elephants on the roof, that's all.) There may be cigars. It's not a full blow Pyrate's Night, just maybe three of us....dancing.  (sadly, we don't have a decent pole to try to hang upside down on, but that's another blog.)

    Here we go! As always -- over 100 ounces of water, tea, lemon water, etc. At least 4-5 miles of walking, today will be closer to 5 I'm sure. Here's the foody part.

Breakfast:  I didn't eat anything until about 11:30 a.m.

Lunch: two cheesy eggs, bacon, ham, grapes, and 1/2 a bagel with lemon curd and butter.

Snack: Trail Mix 1 scoop

Smoothie: Banana Chocolate Protein with yogurt and the powders.

Dinner:  Taco salad with light chips, sour cream, shredded cheese, refried beans, meat, spices, lettuce, tomatoes and a sprinkle of corn. I don't do corn so I may literally just sprinkle it for the photo. 

1400 or less calories and about 800-900 worked out -- expected, but you never know, we could dance all night and end up burning the entire 1400. Could happen.  


Photo Credit: Bad Idea Comics



 

No comments: