Sunday, May 29, 2022

Day 11 Blogging About it. (WARNING: This blog talks about tummy issues)

 WARNING: I'll say it again, this blog talks about tummy issues, and by tummy issues, I mean bowel movements. So if you're unable to "stomach" that, you may want to move on or wait until tomorrow for another blog.  Just sayin'.

    Here in Oklahoma, which is where I currently live, we have higher temperatures now and we have had for several weeks actually. It's only the end of May and we're at 92 degrees, which in Celsius is 33. Here, a 33 degrees day would be one degree above freezing. We're not all as lucky as the Irish or as fortunate as the Scots. We have to deal with skin-melting, sun burning scorch from the last week of April through the last week of October. Thankfully (Thank you, Jesus) we do have a few days of breaks where the weather is both tolerable and even pleasant.  Today is not one of those days. It's another hot one.

    Since it is the weekend and the holiday in the US known as Memorial Day Weekend, we have parties, plans, events, festivals, walks, and all sorts of things planned. Yesterday I walked over 7 miles, half of it at the Paseo (an artsy area in OKC) Arts Festival. Today I was resting from that, as the heat and the beating of the pavement led to some stomach issues that don't usually crop up until mid June. Nope, there it was! It's lasted through today as well, so I gave up my hopes of going to the lake to watch the kids on their sail surfers and just stayed close to the toilet -- the loo for my British friends. I was not about to have to vie for a public restroom during a very busy weekend event such as that. Not happening.

    Breakfast was actually eaten today. Carbs!! I decided to fight the bowels by adding substance to them. I do that, and I take fiber to show my body whose boss! Water, water, and more water, and I was thinking a bit of lesser walking, but I'm up to 3.5 miles already and it's about 2:00 p.m.  I'll do another 3.5 by the end of the day. I walk more at night now in the cooler air and if the dog can hold out; lately she's been rather knackered at 2 miles. I need 3.5 out of her but we'll see if she's got it. I walk at least 5 and often 7 miles a day.

    OK, onto the food. I'll do a salad tonight, so I can start the blog now.

BREAKFAST:  GREAT bagel with lemon curd and butter, grapes, and cheese.

Coffee with creamer.

LUNCH: Wait. Dang, I didn't eat LUNCH!!! OMG....I need to do that. I think I'll grab more grapes, cheese, olives, and some lunch meat. That will  have to work.

DINNER:  We'll head off to Braum's later and I'll pick up a grilled chicken salad with pineapples, strawberries and blue berries in the mix. There's also lettuce, carrots, cheese, and chicken. I add walnuts and cranberries with Balsamic vinegar dressing.

SNACK: Trail mix.

WATER, WATER....100+ ounces and about 1400 calories all around probably. I went over yesterday with my big fat watermelon boba smoothie!! 

We have to have a bit of fun now and again - - and again.


Photo Credit: BestTeaSupplier.com

No comments: