Wednesday, June 22, 2022

Day 33 Blogging About It (Aerial Yoga)

 Being as old as dirt never really stops me from doing what I set out to do, so now that my mind is set on wanting to do aerial hammock yoga, that is precisely the goal.  Now, that being said, I won't try to compete in the sport. I won't try to outdo anyone. I am only doing it for two reasons, to be more healthy, and to strengthen my body to the point that I can do it and not kill myself. That's the goal, and I believe it is worth attaining.

    Today, I went online and I priced the rigs. I have the actual hammock. It's green, but I can deal with that. I think I wanted pink but they didn't have any in the price range and by the manufacturer that I had heard of. I don't know which is good and which is not, so I decided to ask an expert. She suggested what she did, and that's what I bought.  Now, when the time is right, I will buy the rig and set it up so I can do the basics. The problem is that I'm not physically ready to even begin doing that, so I'll take this time to diet, exercise, build up, and watch videos. I'm a good student.

    Aerial yoga is one of the most beautiful forms of exercise out there, and it will kick your butt to the moon as well. This is one thing you can't just decide to do and then not work your body up to the point of accomplishing. If you don't do the work and put the time in you could end up hurting yourself either by twisting your neck off, breaking your limbs in the wrap, or falling and really doing damage. You really do want to stop and study before attempting it. That's my public service announcement. 

    I'm setting the goal for next spring. Spring 2023 should find me in the yard (if I have one) with the rig set up and the hammock hanging down. I hope to set it at 10-12 feet and do what I can, but I want to start out with it at 8 feet so I can get the gist of it first. We'll let gravity have its say, but I want to at least have a fighting chance at making this happen. I'd say "Wish me luck" but that's for the Irish! Scots blood runs through my veins.

Breakfast: Pancakes!! I made two and ate one, that's because I have dogs.

Snack: Trail mix

Snack: TINY cheesecake

Lunch:  Tuna on wheat with herbs

Dinner: Braum's Chicken salad with fruit.

WATER, Water, water, and more water, tea, and coffee.

I exercised indoors today with Doga and stretching. I'll walk about 4 miles by 10 p.m.

Photo Credit:  Pinterest


No comments: